I would like to get Lipo to my upper arms and armpit fat. Will I have sagging skin after?

Arm liposuction - will my skin sag?

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.
  • Arm liposuction can make the skin loose - for two reasons.
  • If a lot of fat is removed -
  • Or if your skin has lost its elasticity - stretch marks are one sign of this.
  • For your best advice, have a personal consultation because an examination is needed.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo and Skin Tone

Hi and thanks for the question. The elasticity (tone) of your skin before Lipo is the what determines if you will have sagging skin or not after. If you pinch your skin and it snaps pack into place then you are not likely to have saggy skin after Lipo. The best way to tell us by having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with liposuction. Best of luck- Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Upper arms and armpit liposuction has to be done carefully in order to avoid sagging skin. But without any photos is impossible to say.Please post some photos so we can follow up on your question.Best of luck,Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Without posted photos, and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Please, seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Lipo arms and excess skin

This depends on the quality of your skin and the amount of fat.Lipo debulks and your skin may contract some but besy to be cautious.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Upper Arms and Armpits

Many women have had successful reduction of fat in their arms by liposuction, whether or not if your skin will sag depends on the elasticity of your skin. See a Board Certified Plastic surgeon who will be able to give you a good idea of what you can expect. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Will I have saggy skin after liposuction?

Thank you for your question.  Without seeing photos it is impossible to say.  Even more so I would suggest that you have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to have an exam and to get your questions answered.  This way he can see the laxity of your skin and just how much fat you are looking to have removed.  This will give you a good idea of what can be done and what you can expect as far as results.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS