I have gained 30 pounds since having abdominal and facial liposuction. Any suggestions?

Once I lose the weight will I be able to still see the results. I had both of them done 4 yrs ago. Thank you.

It’s always best to avoid weight fluctuations to maintain liposuction results.

It is very difficult to answer your questions without examining you or seeing pre-op, post-op and current photos. However, as a general rule, we advise individuals to work diligently to avoid future weight gain after liposuction in order to maintain their results. When your weight fluctuates after lipo, you absolutely run the risk of feeling your results have been “undone,” but you won’t know this for sure until you lose the weight you have gained. If you’re unhappy with your body contours after losing the weight, you will unfortunately need to have additional liposuction in order to recreate your past results. Focus on establishing healthy lifestyle habits to lose the weight you’ve gained and prevent future fluctuations.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Gaining Weight Post Liposuction

Hard to answer that without seeing your pictures but I would recommend trying to get to your healthy weight again and then perhaps visiting your surgeon's office. Most likely you have before and after pics that you can view. Very hard to predict when you get several years out, gravity gets involved, skin changes with weight gain, so good luck on your journey and I hope it goes well. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Weight Gain

With the appropriate diet and exercise you should lose weight after surgery .I suggest looking at your before and after photos with your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Weight gain and surgery

It is always best to get back to your goal weight.  Diet and exercise is the best way to remove the weight at this point. Good luck.

Gaining weight after surgery

If you've gained weight and can see the change in your abdomen and face, when you lose the weight you'll likely see the change again. If you think you won't be able to see a difference and have jeopardized your surgical results, see your board certified plastic surgeon in person for an evaluation.

Thank you for your question and good luck!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS