I did 4800 graft 5 month ago and no result; why is that?

4800 grafts 5 months ago

With 4800 grafts 5 months ago, I would nexpect some growth in the next month or so and 80% of the growth at 8 months. Just be patient

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. So at five months, it may be too early to judge

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results.  So at five months, it may be too early to judge.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4800 graft 5 month ago and no result

As a result of intra operative  damage of follicular units ( during insertion or high transection rates during harvesting, long time of grafts out of body, dehydratation, poor FU storage conditions like high room temperature and storage fluids etc.) insufficient number of viable graft placement is the most outstanding reason for poor growth and ineffectual  hair restoration results.

you may need a revision surgery ..

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair growth after surgery

There are many reasons why a patient has not started growing their hair 5 months after surgery: it may be technical or physiological.  If it is physiological, then it is just taking a little longer for the hairs to resume their natural hair cycle.  They will start to grow.  I have seen patients take as long as 8 months after surgery to start growing.

If the reason was technical during the procedure, then it is impossible to say whether the hair will grow or not.  If it is technical, then an error occurred with your surgical team, and you may lose a small number of grafts, or if a serious error occurred, then you may lose a significant number of grafts:  only time will tell.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

#hair growth after #hairtransplant

each hair goes through its intrinsic cycle of growth. Depending on where in the cycle the hair is that's when it starts to come in. Usually you would see hair starting to grow in after four months and about fifteen percent new growth after that for up to a year. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon