Which breast size works best with my body size and type? What should I do about my areolas?

I am 26 years old Asian and blessed with curves. I have 3 kids, all breast fed. Currently a size 34c but left breast is a cup size smaller than the other. I weigh 150 at the moment looking to lose some more weight probably 10lbs because hubby likes my size but I don't. My breast do sag and one aerola seems to be bigger than the other because of size difference. I may want them a size 34D but I am afraid they will make me look fat or top heavy I like to remain bottom heavy.

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

***Given your concerns, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “top heavy” or "D cup” to  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Which breast size works best with my body size and type? What should I do about my areolas

Following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do, how to do it and what size and type of implants to get  without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure and each type of implant would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What breast size works best for my body?

Thank you for your question. In order to an provide an educated  answer photos would be helpful, however an actual physical examination with breast and chest dimensional measurements would be ideal. Seek an experienced Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. One of my offices happens to be located very close to Anna Maria Island and I would be happy to evaluate if so desired.  

Thank you for your question. Without seeing picture hard to comment. Based on the description you probably get benefit with breast lift and implant to get volume, to correct asymmetry and to reduce areola. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Pictures needed

Please update your post with pictures or send them directly to a few of us, Only with the information you send us its impossible to even imagine how your breast really are. 
Best regards, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD