Breast liposuction following tradtional breast reduction?

I had a traditional breast reduction about 6 months ago. Results are great but breasts are still too large for my frame. If i had liposuction preformed would it jeapodize the lift I got?

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same. This can be used for revision surgery as well.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Your surgeon is in the best position to assess if liposuction can make an appreciable change post reduction mammoplasty.  If your breasts are dense, then further resection would be a wiser option.  Someone who has been inside your breasts will have the best seat in the house to make that call.  Speak with your surgeon.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Too big after your reduction

Thank you for your question. The best way to decipher if your breasts are still too large for your frame is to check in with your plastic surgeon. The amount of tissue to be removed is usually discussed at your consultation and reviewed during your post-operative visits. Generally, doing liposuction after a reduction surgery will only slightly improve the results and reduce the size minimally. The integrity and quality  of your skin will need to be assessed by the surgeon to determine if this choice is right for you. Please seek out your board-qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.