6 weeks post op and still asymmetrical. Left is higher than right since day 2 post op. Will it heal on its own? (Photo)

I am conserned about assemetry and implant placement. Since 2days post lo my left breast appeared to have a higher placed implant. Now 6 weeks post it has dropped but not to match the right side and remains high. I have posted pre/post op pics from the past 6weeks. Do you think the implant was placed to high or are they still healing and dropping? Is there need to worry? Left Breast 365cc and Right 345cc

6 weeks post op and still asymmetrical. Left is higher than right since day 2 post op. Will it heal on its own

Thank you for your question and photo. Your also very early in your recovery from breast implant surgery. Over the next few weeks your breasts will soften and change. Final results take 6 months. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and continue to follow his instructions. Best Wishes

Breast asymmetry 6 weeks postop

It can take some time for the breasts to even out after breast augmentation. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. They may recommend things such as an upper breast band and/ or massage to help your higher implant more closely match the other side.

Assymetry post op

Since it is getting better and you are only six weeks I woiuld wear a breast strap to push down the left implant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op and still asymmetrical. Left is higher than right since day 2 post o

At 6 weeks your implants have not settled completely. Give it at least 6 months - your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon may want you to perform massage exercises to maintain your breast pocket footprint.
Good Luck!

Jarrod Daniel, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op

Thank you for your question.  The implants can take between 3 to 6 months for them to completely settle and heal.  I wouldn't worry yet, it is normally for the implants to not be completely settled at this point.  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  If an implant is sitting high you can always try massaging more aggressively downward to try and help that implant settle into the pocket.  Again, at this point after surgery, I would not be too concerned.  

If you would like additional information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery, you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Best of luck.  

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op and still asymmetrical.

Thank you for your question. It appears as though you have asymmetry in the pre op photos as well. At 6 weeks you may require more time for healing. An in person evaluation is required to provide an accurate assessment. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

6 weeks

From the single preop it looks like the left breast is higher than the right, and smaller. I can't tell enough from the photos to comment. The proper pose is the 2 day post op.  When arms are up, the pectoral muscle compresses the implant, and the muscles are not symmetric. In addition, the breast itself is pulled up, with or without implants when the arms are elevated. 

In the two day photo, the implants look reasonably even.  Asymmetry before surgery predicts asymmetry after surgery, and the difference may be more apparent with larger breasts. 

You can expect that it will take 3 to 6 months for the pectoral muscles to relax to accommodate the implants. Until that time, you will not know how much more the implants will "drop".  I can say that many women with nice even results at one year looked uneven at 6 weeks. 

All the best. 

Post operative asymmetry

From your preoperative pictures your left breast is smaller and higher than you right. This may be some of your natural asymmetry being more apparent after breast augmentation. However I am not examing you. Tell your plastic surgeon about your concerns. Six weeks post op is still early in the healing phase. I would relax and see how things heal. After 3 months if a slight revision is warranted and needed, I am sure your surgeon will take care of the issue.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op and still asymmetrical. Left is higher than right since day 2 post op. Will it heal on its own?

Still need a few more months of healing and downward displacement exercises for the left side. But to me the pre op asymmetry to volume was more than just 20 cc's. That is where I believe your issue should be focused... 

6 weeks post op and still asymmetrical.

Thanks for writing,

I tell all my patients, " The breasts are sisters not twins". No two sides of our body are the same, so this applies to your breasts. That being said, your breast will continue to settle, shape, soften and improve over the next 4-6 months. Time is your friend.
The maximal production of scar is 6 weeks and the maximal amount of time to scar maturation is 18 months. You are very early in the healing process. Based on your photos, you should do well. I would recommend following your plastic surgeons instructions carefully and completely.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis,MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery