3 months post opp. Is everything going as planned? (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
Both breasts heal differently.
The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.
3 months post op, some advices:
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-
You might also like...
Uneven post aug
Breast augmentation - are things ok?
- Your before photos showed that (like almost everyone else) your breasts' creases were at different levels.
- We often notice this after surgery - even though it is nothing new.
- Your result so far looks very pretty - if you are worried though, why not move up your appointment with your surgeon and see her/him earlier?
- You have another 3 months before everything has settled -
- Chances are you will be pleased with your final result.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Dr. Ravi Somayazula
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.