What are the effects of flying out soon after a rhinoplasty tip surgery?

I will be flying out of state and having my nose tip rotated up a little with septum bone support holding the tip up(more refined). I will be staying for around 3 days and then I will be flying out of state, for only a few hours. Will this effect the end result of the tip? Would it end up drooping and would the swelling get so bad that my nose will just end up getting bigger? And would it be alright to even fly out that early. I really would prefer it it.. if it's possible. Thanks!

Flying After Rhinoplasty

The main medical concern is your ability to achieve air equalization by way of your Eustachian tubes. That is rarely an issue after most rhinoplasty operations and you can use a topical decongestant such as Afrin if you are congested. More important is your surgeon's after care routine. You should consult them to make sure you are doing what is required to achieve a good result. Most of us like to keep our patients in town until sutures and splint have been removed. Best wishes.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fly Away

Flying in and of itself is not a problem.  Just make sure you are going to all of your scheduled followups.  Good luck!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Flying Out Soon after Nasal Tip Surgery

I have all of my patients from out of state and out of the country see me on the 6th day after rhinoplasty surgery. The only exceptions are those who have a very minor procedure or those who live close enough to go home for a couple days and return for their post op visit on the 6th day.

I think that it is best to stay in town with your doctor for at least the first follow-up to remove the splint and stitches.  Best of luck.

Flying after rhinoplasty surgery

I perform many rhinoplasty procedures on patients from out of state and out of the country and my preference is to see them on day seven for splint removal and then permit them to fly after this appointment. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Flying time after surgery

Please discuss with your surgeon. I see my patients one week after surgery and do not allow them to fly before that appointment