What surgery would I need? Jaw, chin implant, Brow lift, rhinoplasty? (photos)

I use to be super skinny I gained 150lbs in a year and lost 120 in 6 months. I have to extend my face just to feel confident. My eyebrows droop like crazy. What surgurys would I need? Jaw,chin implant, Brow lift, rhinoplasty?

Chin implant to improve facial balance

From the pictures you provided, you would benefit most from a chin implant or jaw surgery. From your relaxed, natural picture, your chin appears underprojected and weak in relation to your other facial feature.  Augmenting your chin with either a chin implant or genioplasty would provide an improved balance to your face and a stronger jawline, which you are creating when you extend your face forward. If there is also any bite abnormalities than you may benefit from orthognathic surgery instead, which addresses the jaw position and bite.   An examination in person will be important to determine which option is best for you. From the the pictures, its difficult to assess whether you would benefit from any eyebrow procedures. You want to be careful not to overly elevate the eyebrows or create too much arch as this can be feminizing and unnatural. 

Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for chin surgery

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Facial Reshaping

Your pictures demonstrate the benefits of all the procedures you have listed. But in order of their effects on facial change, it would be chin/jaw angle implants, brow lift and then rhinoplasty.

Chin implant candidate

The side profile demonstrates a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured out of Silastic, and are also manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes. Chin implants are usually placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

Facial Symmetry

Thank you for your question. You should see a surgeon who can perform computer imaging for you. That was you can see what is realistic to expect. At the very least, you would benefit from a chin implant. This will improve your profile. Your small chin makes your nose look bigger than it is. It is difficult to comment on the other aspects of your question without a frontal photo.Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

What surgery would I need? Jaw, chin implant, Brow lift, rhinoplasty?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures including Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face as described above.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
  • Rhinoplasty can be done to refine the shape of the nose but by itself will not have the ability to make your face more masculine and attractive.
Brow Lifts are rarely indicated for men as an elevated brow makes the face more feminine, not masculine in appearance.

Hope this helps.