Why do I have severe pain around my nipples? It's been 10 years since I had saline breast implants?

There is pain around the nipples, on the sides and some under the breast. My mamogram showed nothing. The shape and softness is good but the nipple pain is around the whole area. Its painful to the touch. What could it be?

Pain after 10 years

After 10 years, it is unlikely that your nipple pain has to do with the implant.  With a clean mammogram, I'd recommend following up with your primary care doctor.  If you do choose to see a Plastics Surgeon please be sure to see a Board Certified Surgeon.  Best of luck to you. 

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

I have severe pain around my nipples?

It might seem easy to blame your saline breast implants however after 10 years they are an unlikely cause. Breast pain can be elusive and in the absence of infection hard to explain. Good shape, softness, normal mammogram, all very good. Desensitizing massage and ultrasound might be worth looking into, removing implants if you like them might not accomplish very much.