Overfilling - can I get them filled again to 950cc each? (Photo)

I have a 600cc implant. My right breast is 720 and my left is 750 under muscle . Can I get them filled again to 950cc each ? I'm aware of risks and I'm fine with that. I know Woman who overfilled there implants by 200%. This is my only option right now as to funds. I'm aware of the risks but I'm willing to take that chance. I'm 6'2 transgender who is 250 pounds and with a wide chest.should I be fine if I get them filled to 900cc ? what is the likely hood that they will burst or cause me problems

Overfilling can be done, but has risks...

Hello. Thanks for being so up front ( no pun intended)-- about your wishes-- I think that for you to get the look you are wanting, the only option is to overfill, but there are issues with this too. The best thing to do is seek out a number of consultations from board certified plastic surgeons who do a lot of saline implants.  This was the only thing we used prior to 2006, but since then, it has been a lot of gels!
Good luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

When is Overfilling a Saline breast implant a bad idea?

The newer saline breast implants were not engineered to be overfilled. The newer implants were engineered to be filled to within a certain range after which they become rock hard and start warping and assuming buzz are shapes before rupturing. 

So what can go wrong? At best, the breasts will be rock hard. But they can look weird, greatly thin the overlying skin and drag it down but the implants can rupture. By filling the implants to this extent the surgeon has voided the warranty and the breast implant manufacturer may rightly refuse to give you a new pair. So you will be paying for an overfill operation and then find yourself being forced to pay to remove and or replace them. Not a good idea. 

Overfilling implants

Overfilling implants like that is not a good idea. I would not recommend it.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Over filling an implant to 950cc's each

I don't recommend it as well, your risk of wearing the implant out which will end up deflating/rupturing sooner than later.  Also, they can look distorted when you over fill with that much volume. 

Chad Robbins, MD

Overfilling - can I get them filled again to 950cc each?

Can it be done? Probably. Should it be done? Absolutely not. The results would be a terrible shape and probably rock hard with a significant shortening of the implant's life.There are no shortcuts to good results. If you cannot afford the appropriate surgery at this point, start saving and do the correct procedure when you are able. There is no rush. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Over filling implant

Saline implants are warrantied for single use and not for refilling of saline after it's been filled for the first time. I've seen it where we tried to do this and the valve either, broke during the procedure, or shortly thereafter. The manufacturer may also void the warranty not giving you a new implant if it is found that the rupture was due to a refilling. 200 mL more saline also may not give you the look that you want. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Good luck. W

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Over filling implants

This can be done.  It may increase the risk of rupture.  You should discuss with your surgeon and consider if this will achieve your goals.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Overfilled saline implants may have more rippling and may bust sooner but there is no data on how much the risk of rupture increases. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Overfilling of breast implants - can I get them filled again to 950cc each?

Yes, over filling of breast implants is possible;  what is unknown to me (and probably yourself and your plastic surgeon) is whether or not this volume will be the exact volume  necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. Based on your previous post, I would be concerned that you would require even more volume to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

I utilize overfilled saline filled breast implants frequently but I'm never sure exactly how much volume will be necessary (and safe),  until I am in the operating  room work with sizers and the implants.   Therefore, I can never promised patients, prior to surgery, exactly what volume will be utilized. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.