Both of my nipples are inverted?

I had major surgery & lost an extreme amount of weight very quickly. I noticed after surgery both my nipples were inverted. I've always had flat nipples. I'm 57 yrs old but haven't had a mammogram in several years. Should I be concerned. I'm not having pain or discharge & have not felt any abnormalities.

Bilateral Inverted Nipples

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  The fact that both nipples are now inverted is probably indicative that it is nothing serious.  You should have a mammogram just to update your health history before this procedure.  This procedure is done in our office with local numbing and is a fairly rapid recovery.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck in your search.

Both of my nipples are inverted?

Thank you for your question.  It would be unlikely that anything serious is occurring to both breasts.  Having said that no online reviewer can diagnose or make a treatment recommendation without a complete medical history and examination.  I would recommend you see your physician and have an updated mammogram to start.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon