Breast liftI had a breast lift and my doctor said it wasn't fixable due to the infection. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a breast lift and my doctor said it wasn't fixable due to the infection I got from his procedure. He kept telling me it would go away never did

Scar revision

Scar revision surgery might help but impossible to say for sure without an in person exam. If your original surgeon is not sure, get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon in your area (link below). Best, Dr. Nazarian

There should be a fix, but hard to tell from a pic

It looks like a scar revision would do the trick, but a surgeon would have to "feel" the tissue to know if it might work.  If your original surgeon isn't interested, get another local opinion, or just point it out to them again.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision

When wounds heal by secondary intention (on their own) it is not uncommon to get retraction in the scar. You should wait at least 6 to up to 12 months for the scar to settle. Once there is no longer any improvement, then the area can be revised to smooth out the depression. If you have passed this time frame, I would consider getting it revised. This should not be a very involved surgery.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast Scar Revision

I appreciate your question.
You have lost tissue due to the infection.
I would recommend removing the scarred area and reclosing it with healthy tissue and/or fat grafting

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Breast depression

A depression left after infection may be revised. This might require a revision of your procedure by excising the old scar tissue and possible imbricating the healthy tissue or possibly fat grafting.

Revision

Without seeig this in person, I would say that some type of revision would help. May have to revise the scar and/or place fat grafts from the abdomen to fill in the dent. Recommend seing a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast revisions. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Correcting post infection issue

Fat grafting would be a reasonable recommendation in your case to restore the volume lost in this area. Discuss with your plastic surgeon as well as revision of the scar.

Breast liftI had a breast lift and my doctor said it wasn't fixable due to the infection. Any suggestions?

Either incisional flap revision or fat grafts with rigotomies are the options for you to look into at this time......

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. If all you have is a defect in the breast, this very well could be treated with fat grafting. This may be all that is necessary and could leave you with a very nice result! I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon