Am I balding or is my hairline changing? (Photo)

21 y/o female. hairline on one side is higher than the other. it has always been this way, but i noticed that i can actually see my scalp through my hair on one side and it kind of puffs up as opposed to the other side of my hairline, which lies flat. the other (normal) side is masked in baby hairs. my widows peak also seems to be off balance and losing hair. my widows peak hair is short and grows in one direction.. is it possible that my hairline is changing? should i be worried?

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the b

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the best way to obtain a diagnosis.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Female with possible hair loss issues.

Hard to say by just looking at pictures. I would advise an examination done under magnification to see if there is miniaturization going on etc...

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cause of female hair loss

to get the best recommendation for your recent hair loss, it is best to find the cause of your hair loss and see a hair loss specialist in person. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Female hair loss

Based on the story and pictures, you likely are noticing a pattern of hair growth that is long-standing. People often have asymmetry at the widow's peak. This being said, if you do believe there is active change and loss, you should discuss your concerns with a physician who can evaluate your hair and scalp and send lab tests. Best of luck from NYC.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Female hair loss

Females hair loss is far more complicated than male hair loss and requires an extensive medical examination including blood tests, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon