Is this amount of bruising normal? (photos)

I just had my breast augmentation this morning. I was shocked to find so much bruising. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Post Surgery Bruising

Swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences post breast augmentation are not at all uncommon. Also, sensation may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.

Be sure you're walking around the house periodically throughout the day. This will help minimize #swelling and #bruising and help with the #healing process. You do not want to lay in bed for days and days without some mild activity.
Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about your healing.

Breast augmentation

Bruising following breast augmentation is normal. The crucial thing is that the left breast is not increasing in size or the bruising is not getting worse. This will settle but keep in contact with your PS and if in any doubt get an USS scan

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Bruising Normal?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Post operative bruising following breast augmentation is quite normal.  Follow your post operative instructions carefully and follow up with your plastic surgeon.  I wish you good luck.

Is Bruising Normal

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Bruising early on is very normal.  If you are concerned or start to have signs of hematoma (expanding size of one breast, pain that is getting progressively worse, significant bruising) make sure to contact your surgeon.  

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD  

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Is this bruising normal after breast augmentation?

While it is common to have bruising after a breast augmentation, without an exam it is impossible to tell  whether or not you should be concerned.  Let your plastic surgeon know about your concerns.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Is this amount of bruising normal?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Bruising is not uncommon after a breast augmentation and though a bit more than anticipated all looks well with your current result.  Your bruising should completely resolve over a couple of weeks.  Hope this helps.

Post Op Bruising

Bruising post op is not unusual and can be expected to resolve over the next two weeks. I recommend that you talk to your Plastic Surgeon about increasing/concerning bruising or other problems.

All the best

Breast augmentation and bruising

Everyone bruises differently.  How much is normal is hard to quantify. Best to evaluate in person. Good luck.

Bruising after breast augmentation

Bruising certainly can occur after breast augmentation and not represent a significant problem.  Yours does not look excessive.  However it is always best to be examined by your surgeon for an opinion and not rely on Internet advice from surgeons who have not examined you.

Breast Augmentation bruising

Some patients do bruise and others don't, it's an individual response. Speak to your surgeon if you are concerned.