After Botox injections in each nasolabial fold, I have a bad appearance of gummy smile. Is this normal?

Dear doctor I had a patient 68 year old with deep nasolabial fold ,and I did 3 injection of botox in each nasolabial ,each side it,s appearance ,now he has a very bad appearance gummy smile ,what can I do now Kindly your,s Mohammad azidhak Md

If you are not familiar with the Botox techniques, refer the patient to a colleague for treatment.

Thank you for your question,

If you are not familiar with the Botox techniques, refer the patient to a colleague for treatment. Or allow the Botox to wear off in approx. 3 months. Botox is not typically used to treat the nasolabial fold.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question,

Smile

What were you trying to achieve in this location?  I never inject botox ot xeomin in the nasolabial fold. Consult your doctor for this one

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Smile

David A. Bray, Sr., MD