Stitches causing bleeding. (photos)

My problem is that the dissolvable stitches are knotted on the outside and it's preventing my scar from closing properly. I asked the DR TO remove them but he said they would dissolve but now it's hindering the healing process. His assistant suggest I keep cleaning and applying neosporin but I e been doing that for 2 weeks and the wound bleeds a little almost everyday. Should I get a nurse or DR to remove the stitches on the outside or should I just wait for them to dissolve?

Post-Op Bleeding with Sutures

The post-op healing notes that we provide our patients include the following: The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Now, if you still have sutures in place and the bleeding is occurring daily it definitely seems that they should come out. If they have not dissolved on their own it is likely time to visit your surgeon right away to make sure that they are removed and any necessary treatment of the incision can be done to make sure healthy scarring takes place. Good luck!