I had a lifestyle lift 10 years ago and would like to do a mini face lift, is it worth doing just the lower part of the face.

Mini Facelift following LifeStyle Lift

Without photos and an exam by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in this facial rejuvenation it would be difficult to give you the best opinion. In general however a mini face lift is a great refresher for most patients 10 yrs out from former facial rejuvenation

Mini or Not?

Thank you for your question. Without photos its really not possible to give you an accurate answer. The lifestyle lift focused on the upper face with more modest changes below the jawline. So,o depending on how you have aged and  the appearance of your neck that will determine what plan is best for you. Remember we use terms often to communicate in forums but they often have different meanings to surgeons and patients. In a nut shell its basically semantics. What really matters is that you see a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and listen to your concerns and prescribe a plan that is tailored to your specific needs and goals. What you call the won't really matter. This is the best way to get a great result
Best of Luck]

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Might be, might not be

Hi Lake Linda

Thanks for posting. It would be helpful to have some photo's but here is some information for you. Bear in mind that with revision surgery there is always a slightly higher risk as there will be scar tissue from your previous FL.

If you feel your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time. The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime.

For those who have excess fat under the chin but still have good muscle tone and skin, liposuction of the neck will be sufficient. If the skin has lost elasticity, removal of excess skin (Neck Lift Surgery) to tighten and tone the neck will also be required.

All the best

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift 10 years ago and would like to do a mini face lift,

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

It sounds like you are a candidate for a Mini-Facelift. My favorite technique is the MACS short scar Mini-Facelift. Developed in Europe, it is the ideal approach for the younger patient, not ready for a full facelift, or patients who desire a less invasive procedure with a shorter recovery time. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Mini lift or nor after Lifestyle Lift?

A mini lift done by a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon may be indicated but we would need to see photographs to determine if that's in your best interest. If you have significant neck sagging jowls you will need more than a mini lift. 

It is always worth doing a mini lift to look your best since it is so easy to undergo.

A lower face/neck lift makes such a great improvement in most patients and is so easy to undergo under tumescent local with a little iv sedation. Results are dramatic and doing it every 10 yrs is normal. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Revision Lift?

What procedure would work best for you would require a consultation, but whether or not you should proceed and to what degree is based on your motivations.  Lifestyle Lift is a company no longer in business, that heavily advertised an idea of quicker healing, and a more limited procedure with better results.  Not surprisingly, the truth always catches up.  Some patients were very pleased with their results and some were not depending on the Surgeon involved and the specifics of the procedure.  Ten years on from your initial procedure, you have had a decade of aging changes that likely would require a revision procedure.  Best to seek a few opinions in your area.  Good luck!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon