Breast implant on top tissue on bottom PO. (photos)

1 month ago I had a breast aug 380 CC Saline high profile under the muscle w lift leaving a circular scar only around my areolas. I know it's early but my breasts have too much tissue bellow the implants and too much fullness at the top. Will the implants drop all the way to the bottom? I use the compression band as much as I can. Also, what can I use to reduce the appearance of the scar. Dr told me they will drop and to wear the band but it's been a month and the shape is not what I wanted.

Post op care instructions

Two things happen and seem paradoxical. As as the swelling goes down there will be some shrinkage but at the same time as the muscle relaxes your breast projection grows. In general the breast shape and size proportionality improves.. Breast implants initially after surgery when placed in a submuscular position often give superior fullness that corrects itself with time, the "fluff and drop" phenomena. In reality the pectoralis major muscle takes a while to adjust its size to accommodate the implant as well as occasional muscle spasm which keeps the implant projection higher than its final resting shape. Additional variables include:laxity of skin, size difference during prior pregnancies, position of implant,size of muscle, and size of implant.
As the muscle relaxes the projection of the implant often increases and the breast shape improves. Massage and use of a superior placed elastic strap can often make this process go faster

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Early results from a lift augment

are not what you are going to end up with but your concerns are certainly appreciated.  You should keep your surgeon updated on your concerns and when you are considered healed, be able to critique your results with him/her and find out what options you have to improve your results.  I personally despite the Benelli lift for all of its many shortcomings so I am admittedly biased against that procedure.  If your implants do drop considerably, you should have a good result.

Curtis Wong, MD

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photo. The implants do appear to be sitting high still, however at 1 month post op we would still expect some settling of the implants. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon if you still have this concern in a few months.
All the best

Breast implant on top tissue on bottom PO = follow up with your plastic surgeon #ba #breastimplants

Patient with questions and concern about their breast augmentation during the early post-operative recovery period, should address those questions and concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the procedure.

John Mesa, MD