Blepharoplasty or brow lift? (Photo)

Hello, I am 23 years old, I have a small forehead and low brow. Which is the better option for me to brow lift, or blepharoplasty?

Blepharoplasty vs Browlift

After reviewing your photo, it appears that you have a lower-set brow, which at your age is a genetic trait.  I believe an endoscopic brow lift would lift your eyebrow and open the aperture of the eye.  I recommend seeking out a Board-Certified plastic or facial surgeon who will accurately assess your face and formulate a plan tailored to your needs and wishes.  Good luck!

Brow Lift

Hi Mirja.  Generally speaking, a low brow is addressed with a browlift.  Options include endoscopic, trichophytic, coronal or chemical.  A chemical browlift involves uses a neuromodulator such as Botox to relax the depressor muscles of the brow.  The result is unopposed brow elevation, potentially leading to a degree of browlift.  I hope this is helpful.  Regards, Anand Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift or eyelid lift?

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi MirjaS. A good reason to have a browlift is if your brows are positioned at or below the upper bony orbit rim. If not, then relaxing the muscles that pull eyebrows lower with injections of Botox, Dysport or Xeomin may create a few millimeters of brow lifting. Removing a little bit of the upper eyelid skin will relieve some of the crowding. Be sure to have an inperson consultation with a board certified Plastic surgeon to help you distinguish between the different treatment options. good luck!

Blepharoplasty or brow lift?

From the attached photo and based upon you age, the brows appear heavy.  It's very unusual for a 23 year old to have true excess upper eyelid skin.  Any upper lid fullness at that age is due to low positioned eyebrows.  An in person consultation where the eyebrows can be raised to their true aesthetic position would confirm the diagnosis.  Botox can be injected to raise the brows slightly and they can be thinned and shaped to make them appear elevated.  I have done numerous Browlifts on 25, 27 year olds but 23 is a bit young.  You are not a candidate for Blepharoplasty and should that be done, your eyebrows would be pulled lower by that procedure.  Hope this helps.

Browlift versus upper eyelid surgery

The brow lift procedure can raise the central port of the eyebrows, when there is brow ptosis. Performing an upper eye lid surgery we'll simply raise the excess skin off of the eyelashes.  Formany examples of both procedures, please see the link below

Needs more pictures and in different directions

I need more information. The pot is not giving me enough information. I also, need to palpate your orbital rim to see where is your superior orbital rim. The picture is not as infomative as it could be.

Brow and lid ptosis

You have a heavy brow, but also have some ptosis of the upper lids.  Hold you brows up while looking in the mirror and see if you like the look.  If you do, a browlift would be good.  If you still have sleepy looking eyes, then an upper eyelid surgery may be a better approach.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for an evaluation.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty or Brow Lift

I am asked that question every week. An upper lid blepharoplasty  will remove excess upper eyelid skin but will not eliminate the hooding or raise the low medial brows which cause the heavy appearance you have. You can answer your own question by lifting your brows while standing in front of the mirror; if you like the look, have a brow lift.

Blepharoplasty or brow lift?

It's a good question. You are young and therefore I think that less is more for you. You have some hooding of your eyes which could be addressed with a very conservative removal of skin from the upper eyelid.

It seems that your brows are in a normal position, so I wouldn't plan on performing a brow lift. I would consider having Botox injected into the area of the crows feet, which you don't have yet. This muscle is called the orbicularis occuli. When it contracts it closes the eye aperture and pulls down the tail of the eyebrow. Using Botox to relax this muscle could give you some elevation of your brow which would pull up on the eyelid and may improve the hooding by raising the lateral part of the brow. I think that this would be a conservative first step to try. You would likely need about 10 units per side.

Consultation with a surgeon who performs Botox and facial surgery will help you determine how best to obtain your goals.

Brow lift

An endoscopic brow lift would accomplish most of what you want. An upper lid blepharoplasty could always be done later if you're not happy. The endoscopic brow lift stretches the forehead thereby making it bigger and raises the brows while  preserving the hair bearing scalp. Just stretch the skin of your forehead upward and see if it makes the changes you like.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon