Multiple fat grafts to the breasts possible?

I am not comfortable with getting implants but I do want my breasts to be considerably bigger. Can I have multiple fat grafts to my breasts? I am aware that I would have to wait 3 months between each graft and I am also fine with paying whatever it's going to cost but is it realistic to go up 3-5 cup sizes with multiple sessions? Has anyone done this before? Also, i'm wondering when you gain weight after getting fat grafted to the breasts will more of the fat you gain deposit to the breasts?

More fat grafting sessions to the breast do not always make sense

Only modest volume and shape improvement can be achieved with each fat grafting session. Pre-expanding the breast for weeks prior to the grafting procedure likely results in more fat surviving but is not felt to be necessary in all cases. More sessions can lead to a larger final result. However, more sessions also leads to more trauma to fat donor sites and to the breasts. Scar tissue, cysts and other problems can occur. Mammography can become more difficult to interpret and fat that survives will fluctuate in size with body weight changes. Implants remain the most predictable and well studied option for women wanting breast augmentation. Fat grafting is a good alternative for smaller augmentations and fine-tuning of the final breast shape - not for larger breast aesthetic goals. 

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Multiple fat grafts

The number of fat grafts is limited only by your donor sites and your pocket book. It is actually a fairly easy recovery, and I would also look into using a Brava system for pre-expansion to get the best take from each session possible. I have done one patient 3 times and got her from an A to a D (she had significant asymmetry starting with an A on one side and a D on the other, and was amazed to have gotten such an incredible change. There are factors, such as your age, weight, smoking history, body type, breast shape, and breast cancer risk that all need to be examined and discussed at your consultation.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafts

Multiple sessions of fat grafting can be done, but realistically you may not go up 5 cup sizes without implants. Should you gain weight, the fat grafts can enlarge. Should you loose weight, the grafts may shrink. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing what can and cannot be done with fat grafting with your breasts.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast augmentation with multiple fat transfers

Multiple fat grafting sessions are possible and are often needed to augment breasts with fat alone.  However, an increase of 3-5 cup sizes is significant even for an implant.  Fat transfer for breast augmentation usually works the best for mild to moderate augmentations which involve an increase of a 1/2 cup size possibly up to 1 1/2 - 2 with multiple sessions.   Keep in mind the more sessions the more donor areas you will need to have for the transfer.

There is a device that can be used in conjuncture with fat transfer that can help increase the blood flow and so possibly increase the amount of fat transferred that survives. But, fat transfer is at this time is not completely predictable and for such a significant increase may not be successful in helping you achieve your desired goal.  

Transferred fat acts like where it came from (donor dominance).  So if the fat is from you abdomen and when you gain weight you normally gain weight in your abdomen then the transferred fat cells can grow and swell in their new place. 

I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to have an in-person exam and discussion about your options with fat transplantation for breast augmentation to see if you would benefit from it.  Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam