I had voluma injected in cheeks. Two months later the right side is flatter than the left. Should I have to pay to fix it?

To get symmetrical she said it will be another 800 dollars. Shouldnt it be no charge?

Should I have to pay to fix it?

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your cheek asymmetry.  I would recommend talking with your doctor to see what options that you may have.  Unfortunately as fillers come pre-filled for a particular patient, there is no way to divide a syringe or only purchase a part of a syringe.  You should be prepared to have to purchase additional product to add additional volume to your right cheek.

Voluma uneven

Voluma is an ideal treatment for enhancement of the mid face. It works beautifully to correct malar fat descension and aging of the mid face. In some case it is been shown to last up to 2 years. It is not FDA approved for any other location other than mid face. It is a deep injection just off the bone and requires expertise in injecting.
I would recommend you discuss your issue with a board certified dermatologist.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and asymmetry

Juvederm Voluma like all Juvederm products is an art not a science.  Many times after injections there will be need of a "touch up" or more filler in a particular area.  Since Allergan does not provide free syringes to physicians the doctor has to use an additional syringe to correct this asymmetry and you are responsible for the cost of this product injected.  This is a natural part of the injection process.

I need more filler, should I have to pay?

Each physician is charged individually for each syringe of filler from the manufacturer. Thus, that price gets passed onto patients. Your doctor cannot tell Allergan that you needed more filler added for a better result and that he/she shouldn't have to pay for the syringe. So, yes, you will need to pay for more filler because you need more filler for the volume you desire and your physician will be paying the manufacturer for it.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Fixing What Isn't Broken

Your questions suggests that the doctor did something that needs to be fixed.  Considering you had an initial result that made you happy, your doctor did a good job.

It's common that after patients receive their initial treatment and it has time to "settle" and normalize, often they see areas of their faces that need more fill.

This is not always apparent initially and it's not as if anything has to be "fixed."
If you want additional filler, it only makes sense that you will have to cover the cost. 

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Additional Costs for Voluma Treatment to address asymmetry.

It would be reasonable for the injector to seek additional money to provide an additional voluma treatment. Each practice would have different policies regarding the amount. The practice and the patient should have clarity on this at the time of the initial treatment.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Most patients have some facial asymmetry, injecting Voluma may make that more obvious

I would venture to say that most doctors who inject volume can see some asymmetry. This might not be as obvious until the filler is put in. I draw lines to try and recognize and treat asymmetry but that's a fact of life. If you need more filler, its like ordering more food in a restaurant. If you need more to be full, then it is charged for.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Cost when additional voluma needed

Thank you for asking about your Voluma.

Yes, you would need to pay for the additional treatment, if additional Voluma is needed
True symmetry does not exist in the body -
Sometimes it is better to accept a slight asymmetry rather than spending more money.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.