Is this mole cancerous? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 1

Concerning mole

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you through photographs if your mole is cancerous or not. In my opinion, any growths that are changing or new, or worrisome should be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. The dermatologist will examine the lesions with an instrument called a dermatoscope, which allows the physician to evaluate the growths under higher magnification for any abnormalities. If any irregularities are noted, then a biopsy should be performed. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your mole evaluated. Take care and good luck.

Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.