How can I find a reputable surgeon in my area that is educated and has experience?

Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

How to choose a surgeon

You started the best search by looking on Real Self!  Do an online search of doctors in your area who do the all on 4 procedure.  See a few for consultations.  Ask to see before and after pictures and choose a doctor and team you fell most comfortable with.  This is a life changing experience!

All-on-4 Surgeon

RealSelf is a great place to start, as many individuals like yourself come here to share their honest experience. I would encourage you to narrow down your search by looking at reviews of patients who had the same treatment as you are looking to have done, research the doctors education and experience, and ask him/her for before and after photos. It's important you feel comfortable and relaxed with the surgeon of your choice, especially when considering an All-on-4 procedure. If you don't feel have the right surgeon in your area, please note that many patients travel outside of their local area for a reputable doctor that has the experience that they're looking for. Face to face meeting with your dentist is important, even if you have to travel to do so. This is a life changing procedure and can effect the rest of your life for the better. Good luck on your search.

Choosing a team

The surgeon is part of the team. The person that is the most critical for you will be the Restoring dentist. This is the person who will be responsible for the planning, the fit, the feel and the look of the teeth. I would suggest you find someone who is very experienced. This is not an easy procedure. Find someone who does this day in and day out . Someone who can have you speak to their patients and show before and after photos. Someone who can give you some level of warranty that this will workWish you the best in your journey
Dr J

How to find a dentist...

The best way to start your search for a great dentist is by asking your friends, family, colleagues or co-workers for recommendations. Those who are pleased with the work of their doctor will be happy to refer you or at least tell you their thoughts.  

You can search for one in your area online, with sites such as this realself.com  and other review sites.  Here you can read what other patients have to say about their experiences.

Also be sure to contact your state/local dental association. The American Dental Association (ADA) has a list of societies on their website.

Good luck!

Oscar Hernandez, DMD
Bradenton Dentist

All-on-4

Hi and thank you for your question. When considering a procedure like the All-on-4, it is important you do your research. I would recommend that you ask your surgeon for before and after photos, read reviews from prior patients, consider doctors who have expertise and skills in this type of surgery only. This is not a surgery that all doctors perform. I would encourage you to ask your surgeon if they are certified in performing these types of procedures (specific credentials for All-on-4). Also, it's important to consider your surgeon's availability, and establish a good rapport. Best of luck to you on your search!