It is important to have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Also make sure that your surgery is being performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital.
It is important to ask the right questions during your consultation:
your surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon?
- a.Be sure he or she is a plastic surgeon, there are a lot surgeons that are cosmetic surgeons or board certified in other fields other than plastic surgery. They do not do the same training as a plastic surgeon.
- b.You can check the American Board of Plastic Surgery website for a list of plastic surgeons in your area.
- 2.Does your surgeon commonly
perform this procedure?
- a.Ask to see before and after pictures or look online for reviews on the procedure.
- 3.Where is the surgery performed
- a.Is the procedure performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital?
- 4.Who performs the anesthesia for
- a.Is an anesthesiologist performing the anesthesia?