How Much and What Kind of Filler Needed to Improve Symmetry Following Accident? (Photo)

I am in my twenties and had an accident to the cheekbone which seems to have affected the fat distribution in the area (right as photograph). There is still fat but the cheek has flattened a bit..nerve damage maybe (I have episodes of neuralgia when a certain area of my cheek is stimulated). I am normally quite against tampering with the face in the twenties and had never planned to but I feel a SMALL amount maybe might improve matters. How much and what kind of filler could be used?

Doctor Answers 1

Accident and cheek bone

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You did not mention if you fractured a bone?  A CT scan would be helpful. If it is just a soft tissue issue, then a filler like Perlane or Juvederm would be a good idea.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.