PicoSure Tattoo Removal. (photos)

I went to a dermatologist today who believes my 12 year old black tattoos, see photos, will be removed within 6 Picosure treatments at $600 each. I am very skeptical after seeing very little evidence of the laser working in 5-6 treatments. Can any other providers give their input? Having to have an additional 3-5 treatments seems rather stressful financially and I'd like to be prepared ahead of time.

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. My preference for removal of black ink has been with the PiQo4 laser that has 4 Pico wavelengths including the 1064 for black pigment. We also offer packages and a tattoo removal guarantee to make treatments more affordable for our patients. 
Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser package

I don't recommend paying per treatment. You should pay in a package with a guarantee for removal. This way you pay 1 price for as many trreatments as it takes to remove. Usually tattoos take 6-12 treatments with Picosure. 

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

PicoSure Sessions

Thank you for your question. PicoSure is a great laser for tattoo removal. There are many factors that determine how many sessions of the PicoSure will be effective for your tattoo removal. Although black is an easy ink color to remove, it can take longer deepening on how densely the tattoo was placed. Typically it takes 3-6 treatments of the PicoSure laser to fully remove a tattoo and some patients have required up to 12 sessions. Sometimes this can’t be fully determined until the patient has undergone treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Tattoo removal

Your black tattoos can be successfully removed with the PicoSure laser. I however would not quarantine the number of treatments. In my experience a tattoo such as yours, I usually estimate between 5-10 treatments 6-8 weeks apart. If it resolves with fewer treatments that's great, but everyone is different and can respond differentlly.  

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon