I am getting breast implants in a couple weeks and we decided on 375 moderate profile with a lift

After two kids I went from a full C to a very small saggy B. I'm worried they will look too big on my body (5'1 110 lbs) bc I have the breast tissue there. I want them to look natural but still have cleavage when I decide to not where a bra with a dress. Whatwoukdxbextge difference in going with high profile vs. moderate profile? What looks more natural? And since I have the breast tissue should I chage the CCs to maybe 350?

Help with profile and size of implants

350cc vs. 375cc is less than 2 tablespoons! You cannot see this difference, but if you are concerned about being "too large," then by all means choose the 350cc implants. (There are other smaller sizes as well!)

As for profile, this will be dependent upon your breast base diameter. 350cc moderate profile implants have a diameter of around 13cm or so, depending on manufacturer. If your breast base diameter is 12cm, then you will need to consider moderate plus profile implants that are slightly less wide with slightly more projection. For the most natural look, you and your surgeon should use the widest profile that "fits" your breast diameter. Moderate if they "fit," moderate plus next, and HP only if your breast base is extremely narrow (and every surgeon measures differently.)

Lots of surgeons will suggest HP implants for a woman of your size, and that may be fine for some women, especially those that are going for larger implant volumes in a narrow breast base diameter. 350cc implants in a woman of your petite stature but with "very small saggy B" breasts should add a bit less than 2 bra cup sizes (rough figuring, which is all that is possible without an examination). That equates to a full C in my estimation, but there is also the lift to add to this overall equation.

When I perform breast lifts plus implants in one stage (almost always), I first COMPLETE the breast lift, including closure of all the incisions--except for the 4 cm I perform the breast enlargement through. This prevents me from placing "too-large" implants and then finding out that the incisions don't want to close without being too tight. Many surgeons place the implants with the skin flaps "open" since it's easier to create a pocket. However, when they try to close the skin flaps and find things way too tight, many will not "waste" the incorrect too-large implants since they are very expensive, as you know from your price quote. So they simply try to tug the incisions together, which leads to dead skin, wound breakdown, and often major problems. (This is also why some surgeons do this as a two-operation procedure.)

One final comment--cleavage is NOT produced by implants (usually). Cleavage is most commonly the product of enough breast volume and a nice push-up bra. Naked, you may never achieve cleavage, depending on your anatomy and the breast-lifting skills of your chosen surgeon. With the proper dress and a skillfully-performed surgery, you may still be able to achieve cleavage without a bra, but my general comment remains--cleavage is the product of a good bra, not certain sizes and types of implants. You can see some examples of my patients with this operation by clicking on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implant Choice for Breast Lift

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below.

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, in regards to specific operation and type/size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, you will do well spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, questions, and concerns (preferably prior to the day of surgery). In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Implant Size

Good communication with your surgeon is very important for a successful surgery.  Trust your surgeon as he should have years of experience.  There is very little difference between a 375 cc implant and a 350 cc implant.  Try on sizers in your surgeon's office for clear understanding of the volume being added.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD