I would like to know what can I do with my problem. Do I have extra skin or fat or both? (Photo)

One side is more far that the other. After tummy tuck my sides are super fat

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
To reduce the swelling I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Smart Lipo

It appears that you do have some excess fat in the abdomen and hip roll area. I think you would benefit from SmartLipo in those areas to remove the stubborn fat. Smartlipo is a more effective and minimally invasive alternative to traditional liposuction.  SmartLipo loosens then removes fat and tightens the overlying skin, reducing bulges of fat while simultaneously toning the body. It also offers tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities. Smartlipo also delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction

The issue you appear to have is not just stubborn fat, but also loose skin. This is most noticeable on your sides. On your back, there is fat that can be removed by liposuction alone. However, for the front/sides, I recommend a tummy tuck that also targets your sides (circumferential).

Extra skin

This is difficult to evaluate without an exam.  It is possible that extra skin and a small amount of fatty tissue from the flank areas.  This would require a scar that continues circumferentially around the waistline.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Based on your pictures you look to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

You are a good candidate if:

in general you may be a good tummy tuck candidate if:

You are physically healthy and at a stable weight

You have realistic expectations

You are a non-smoker

You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen

Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.

I recommend to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best options for your goals.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

From your photos and after having had a TT, you should be able to benefit from liposuction of the sides and back. You should consult with your PS.

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy tuck issue

The central skin that is rolling when you bend over will always be there to some extent as you must realize that in order to stand up straight, there has to be some laxity when bending over. AS for the waist are, you may need an extension of the scar to around your back to remove the excess.

Thank you for the question and photos and you appear to have both extra skin and fat but an examination is really needed to determine what might give you the best result.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in the area and compare recommendations

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I would like to know what can I do with my problem. Do I have extra skin or fat or both?

Without the benefit of physical exam and clarity with regard to the pre-opearive condition and a clear picture of your post-op time frame- it's difficult to comment accurately. If the dissection during surgery is not fully aggressive with the regard to the upper portion of the abdomen, then inadequate excision of the flap may occur. This will leave excess skin and fat over the lateral sides. Discuss with your Surgeon your desires. It's possible you may need a re-advancement of the procedure. 

Extra skin

any excess skin has to be removed surgically, excess fat can be removed with liposuction. It appears you could benefit from some more liposuction of your abdomen/flanks. The skin/fat excess of your back is not addressed with a TT specifically. You could have some circumferential lipo to help with that area of your back, but if you have access skin, the only way to get rid of it is surgery.