Will I be able to get an alar rim graft above my nostril near the very tip of my nose?

my nostrils are kind of tall and the place where i would like to put an alar rim graft is near the very tip of my nose. Is there anything in the way such as cartilage or bone?

Alar rim graft

Hello and thanks for your question.

Generally speaking, most of the improvement you are requesting are reasonable and possible with a rhinoplasty and other possible ancillary procedures.

I would highly recommend visiting a few plastic surgeons who specialize in this exacting and artistic procedure. In our office we provide patients with a personalized, individualized and complementary consultation to address these similar issues.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Alar rim graft

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thanks for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  This depends on your nasal anatomy and what you seek to accomplish with this graft.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon