Can I Get Anchor Breast Lift Without Breast Implants?

I'm 5'4,124 pounds and 34A bra size. With the lift I just want to see my breasts higher on the chest with reposition and reduction of the areola so my breasts just feel firmer and more shaped. Also, I do not want to go bigger I would like to have small perky breasts. Thank you

Anchor Breast Lift Can Be Done Without Breast Implants

Thank you for your question. You certainly can have an Anchor Breast Lift without Breast Implants.

You did mention that you want firm breasts. Although the Anchor Breast Lift will position the nipple correctly a small implant is usually needed to make the breast firm.

In short, yes.  You will have perkier firmer breasts, but they will appear smaller because of the skin removal.  If you dont mind looking smaller, you will probably be quite happy. The actual glandular tissue will still be the same volume, but tightening the skin will re-distribute the tissue on your chest and they will appear smaller.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Yes,you can have a breast lift without implants

You can even have a breast lift without an anchor incision.A vertical or even a circum-areolar incision may be sufficient

The lift procedure will also reduce the areolae

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lift without an implant

You most certainly can have a lift without an implant.  Many surgeons stage their mastopexy augmentations to achieve more predictable results.  So starting with a lift is reasonable.  You could always have an augmentation at a later date if you were not satisfied.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift without implants and Strattice

You certainly may have a breast lift without implants.  Repositioning the breast shape as well as reduction of the areola size is accomplished in a procedure like this, however, this may give you slightly smaller breast that you presently have.  In these instances, I prefer using Strattice which is a matrix for your own tissues to grow within.  This is not an implant, however, it provides a slight increase in size because of the volume it adds to the breasts.  Please discussed this with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Without Implants

You may certainly have a breast lift without having breast implants placed.  The goal of a breast lift procedure is to elevate the breast tissue on your chest, and to bring the breast volume and nipple into a higher, more youthful position.  If you do not want your breasts to be larger, then a breast lift alone is the ideal procedure for you.  Be aware that some women perceive their lifted breasts to appear a little smaller, as the previously stretched skin has been removed, and the breast tissue compacted into a smaller space.  This is what allows the breasts to be lifted into a more youthful, appealing, and "perkier" position.

Dr. Skourtis

Mia E. Skourtis, MD

Mastopexy without implants

Yes, you can have a lift without implants.  You can also add volume with your own fat.there are a variety of techniques for these operations. Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift (inverted T ). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.
The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.
The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin. A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures. This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benellil.
The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large. Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast.

Anchor Lift without implants is best

Hi,  Yes of course. I see many patients who need both a lift and implants but I never do the two operations together because each operation interfers with the healing of the other.  I encourage my patients to just have the Anchor lift and wait 3+ months to decide if they still want some enlargement.  Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without Implants

I do think you can get an acceptable result with a breast lift.   In fact, you would do very well with a circumvertical (around the areola and vertical scar toward crease) lift, avoiding a horizontal scar.  

Thank you for sharing your picture, the footplates of your breast (relation of your breast to chest wall) are rather wide, which probably due to a wide breastbone.    This will not be changed by a breast lift.  

In addition, since your breast will be lifting and perkier, they will be more compact and dense.  Hence, you may feel a bit smaller when all is done.   If you are against implants, you are not burning any bridges, as it is always possible to add implants down the road.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Lifting Only Possible?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Of course, you can undergo breast lifting surgery without having breast implants placed BUT  make sure that you will be pleased with the results of surgery…  Based on your pictures, it does not appear that you have a significant amount of breasts tissue present;  I would be concerned that you may not have enough  volume/firmness of the breasts after breast lifting alone.  As you are thinking about the surgical options available, educate yourself also about the stars that will result from breast lifting surgery.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons to communicate your goals.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to aid in this communication process.