Rhinoplasty, septoplasty, alar base reduction, alar wing reduction. Is there a way to completely erase the alar crease? (Photo)

The vertical length of the nose ala and the thickness of the flesh due to the higher positioning of the alar crease. Is it possible to cut without scars 1-2 mm along the base of the alar wing (photograph) Can this be done, plus an alar base reduction to reduce the spread of my nose? I have a slightly deviated septum, can the cartilage at the base of my nose could be cut and shortened to look more aesthetic but not unnatural? Can all these procedures be conducted simultaneously?

Rhinoplasty surgery

Hi and thanks for the question. The procedures aforementioned can be performed simultaneously. I would recommend consulting with several board certified plastic surgeons to get an opinion as to the type of result that should be expected.  

Dr. Vallecillos

Rhinoplasty, septoplasty, alar base reduction, alar wing reduction. Is there a way to completely erase the alar crease?

Many of the above can be accomplished to different degrees. Keep in mind that your best option is to weigh each part based on its predictability and safety and resultant harmony with the rest of your nose.

Look for experienced Plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (or Facial). See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos and the simple answer is YES but I would go on complimentary consultations where they use digital photography to show you what can and what cannot be accomplished with your nose 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD