I'm on MediMedi health insurance and wanted a Breast Reduction. (Photo)

Hello. Im size 38I im 5,10 and my huge breasts are making me self-contious. I had breasts since 3rd grade and my whole life ive been pretty tired of them. I was once thin and i also got implants with breast lift and i gained weight now and don't want these breasts anymore. I also have a very small bone structure and cant really work out besides walking. My breasts are hurting my back and I'm very embarrassed because of them. Do i qualify for free breast reduction covered by MediMedi? Thank you.

Breast Reconstruction with smaller implants

Thank you for submitting your photos.Based on them you will benefit from a breast reduction with a smaller size of implants and a lollipop scar.But for more informations please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Can my breasts be reduced by just removing my breast implants?

You probably would not get coverage because you have breast implants. You may want to think about just getting your breast implants removed which would decrease your cup size but several depending on their size. I can usually do this in the office certified operating room even under mild sedation. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

you could have the implants removed and the breasts lifted again.  However, it is very uncertain whether your insurance will pay for it and Medicare does not preauthorize.  You probably will have to pay for this out of pocket.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Reduction

Thank you for the question and the honest answer is that no one knows whether you would qualify till a full history and supporting documentation is obtained and even then medina Di does not give prior approval.  So see some experts in your area and be evaluated
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD