I would like to know what can be done to my nose? Any tips or recommendations? (photos)

My nose is largely wide and big. Almost everyone in my family has it, but I would like to have it smaller and thinner with decreased nostrils.

You are great candidate for rhino surgery.

Hi Melissa Leslie, 

Although having you in the office and feeling your tissue and your anatomical structure in person will give more accurate recommendations,  you are a great candidate for rhino surgery. 
Changes to your bridge, tip and base of the nose will probably recommended. 

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Based on limited view of your nasal tip, I agree with you that you have a bulbous tip and flaring nostrils. Ethnic Rhinoplasty is designed to alter nasal profiles like yours to better and well-defined shapes. It seems that your expectations are realistic and I encourage you to seek a board certified facial plastic /plastic surgeon who is specializing in rhinoplasty for your treatment. We provide comperhensive consultation to help you understand your options. Good luck. Dr. Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and as the other consultants have said you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty to narrow your nose and tip.  So see some experts in your area that offer complimentary consultations and then will take your photo digitally to show you what can and what cannot be accomplished with surgery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

What can I do to make my nose smaller

A rhinoplasty is done to make your nose fit your face and in most cases made smaller. The nostrils can also be reduced to help this. We offer excellent financing to our patients.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear melissaleslie, You would be a candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to reduce the width of your nasal base, bridge and tip. An in office examination and consultation will help you understand the changes that rhinoplasty surgery can attain. Digital imaging can be done that will show you a proposed result based on your nasal anatomy including the skin thickness. In patients with thick skin the amount of refinement is more limited then it is in patients with thinner skin. Regardless of this you should have a very nice result in expert hands. Seek consultation with some experts and then you can make an informed decision. See examples in the video above and link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Conservative rhinoplasty for the wide nose etc.

Conservative rhinoplasty for the wide nose etc.Your wide nostrils and tip can be narrowed etc. choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose noses look natural and not overdone. 

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing a wide nose. To narrow wide nasal bones requires osteotomies placed in them. To narrow  wide nasal tip cartilages requires suture techniques an/or a conservative cartilage removal. To narrow wide nostrils requires an alar-plasty. For many examples, please see the link below

What can be done for my nose?

I think you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty if these specific issues are concerning to you. The first thing you would need is an in person evaluation to see what is realistically possible, since it appears that you have slightly thicker skin around the tip of your nose. If this is the case, we are always limited to how much refinement is possible. I think it would be reasonable to narrow and refine your nose to some extent.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered for improvement of a wide nasal appearance.

You appear to have thick skin, and a somewhat broad, flat nasal appearance. Consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

Wishing you well.

Dr J

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon