How do I get my right breast to settle completely after my breast augmentation 7 months ago?

7 months ago I had a breast augmentation. Right after the surgery the left breast was riding high and the right breast was doing great. Now, 7 months later, the right breast is riding high and the left breast is where it's supposed to be. I've been massaging the right breast and taking vitamin E. I thought by six months they were supposed to be settled. Is it going to stay like this, should I be alarmed? Is there anything else I should be doing?

Breast Implants Rising after surgery

It sounds like you may be getting a capsular contracture, Make sure you see your PS soon. Only then will you be able to determine what is going on.Best wishes,Dr K

7 Months Post Op

It is difficult to comment without an exam or photos. At 7 months your breasts should be healed/soft/settled. I recommend that you discuss Asymmetry concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and see them in person for assessment.

All the best

Capsular Contracture

Implant massage, vitamin E, and other remedies like Singular or external ultrasound have no effect on prevention or treatment of capsular contracture. Chances are you had a fluid collection immediately after surgery, which in turn caused the contracture. There was nothing you could do, so don't think this is your fault. 
You will likely need a surgery to remove the scar tissue. It should be performed through an inframammary incision to prevent recurrence. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Seek consultation

It sounds like you now have a capsule contracture on the right. If this was your first augmentation, it might fall under the manufacturer's warranty. You should return to see your surgeon or seek consultation from another board certified plastic surgeon.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Implant settling 7 months post-op

Thank you for your question.  At this point your right implant should have settled in the pocket.  I would schedule a follow up appointment with your PS .  

Chad Robbins, MD

Sorry for your problem and from your description you may be developing capsular contracture so see you surgeon or other expert in the area 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Asymmetry 7 mos postop

At 7 months postop, I think it is very unlikely that your implants will settle further. Vitamin E won't do anything for either scarring or helping to settle the implants further. You will some revision surgery to lower the right breast implant whether this requires lowering the inframammary fold and/or doing a capsulectomy. You should talk to your PS about the current situation so you will know what needs to be done and at what cost. Good luck!