Can I still have my BA with pimples? (Photo)

I had 4 pimples pop up a few days ago weird I never get them here .. It wont effect me getting surgery will it ... Incision lower part of breast

BA with pimples

This should not have a major impact on your surgery.  Make sure you point this out to your surgeon before.  The skin is prepped with antiseptic before surgery.  If there is a bigger concern then there are other coverings which can be placed over the skin to decrease the chance of any infection.  Best of luck!

Long Beach Physician

Pimples and Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your photos and your question. The pimples that have surfaced on your chest should not interfere with your Breast Augmentation surgery. 

Pimples and BA

Hi, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. They seem like regular pimples in the picture, they seem harmless, but you need to check with your surgeon prior your surgery. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Pimples

I would point these out to your surgeon on the day of surgery.  After prepping the skin with antiseptic, a barrier called and OP-Site can place over the pimples during surgery to isolate it from the incision site.  

Check with your surgeon

They seem fine but you should check with your surgeon just to make sure it's fine. 

Good luck on your upcoming procedure. 

Chest Pimples

They seem benign enough, however, I would go in to see your surgeon. MRSA has become a very common community acquired infection, and if you were my patient, I would swab your nose (where the bacteria live) and do a rapid culture.  Additionally, because this is occuring before breast augmentation, I would probably start you on antibiotics to cover that type of bacteria.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation during a skin breakout

Hello, and thank you for your question and pictures.

More than likely you will be fine to continue with surgery despite the pimples present in the photos.

Please meet with your plastic surgeon so you can be examined in person, so that he/she can make the final call based on actual physical examination and not speculation.

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery and Pimples

I cannot imagine that would interfere with surgery but you need to ask your PS. If there is any sign of infection then  would postpone as it is an elective surgery and you want everything to go well. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can I still have my BA with pimples?

Hi and sorry to hear about your skin issues. Please contact your plastic surgeon's office for advice regarding delaying the upcoming surgery. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Acne and breast augmentation

Best to call your surgeon and ask him/her before your surgery. Most likely, you should be okay to proceed, but any type of current "infection "can affect your surgery.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon