Swollen after 3 months? (Photos)

Crooked bulbous nose with excessive nostril show.. 3months post open rhinoplasty.. most doctors say at 3months,we are seeing 80% of the final result, and that majority of the swelling would have dissipated.. that we won't be getting significant change.. is it true? When i apply pressure,the entire nose still feels tender n sore, kinda like the pain from a bruise.. is my healing slow?? :(

Swelling 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

It is normal to have some swelling 3 months after rhinoplasty. I suggest you be patient and wait another 6 months before evaluating your result.

Rhinoplasty

At three months out, you are likely very swollen.  The swelling can take a year or longer to dissipate.

Absolutely more time needed

1.  You are right that much swelling is reduced by 3 months. that being said you are far from fully healed
  2. Your photos certainly appear swollen as does your description of the nose
  3.  Longer term evaluations have shown that thicker skinned patients may take up to 18 months or more to see the delicate changes in the tip
  4. Long term and close follow up with your surgeon is essential

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Swelling after rhinoplasty, particularly with an open approach dissipates gradually.  I tell my patients to expect 12 to 18 months to see the final result.  Be patient, the nasal contours will continue to improve.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon