Pain 7 months post op breast augmentation. (photo)

I had 350cc silicone implants. My left nipple has been painfully sensitive since. This hasn't been a concern until yesterday when it started hurting more along with part of my breast to the left of the areola without even touching it. I'd like to know what possible reasons there are for this happening 7 months post op when there has been no trauma to the breast. My nipples were also pierced for years before the augmentation and I took out the one that was hurting today.

Unusual to have pain so long after breast augmentation

it is not common to have pain so long after surgery but i have seen it rarely. as long as it seems to be getting less and less with time, you will probably be ok before much longer. you should definitely return to your surgeon to get checked out, however.

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Pain 7 months post op breast augmentation.

The pain that you describe can indicate nerve regeneration if you had numbness or loss of sensation right after surgery.  Other possibilities include simple nipple sensitivity after breast augmentation which usually does not last longer than 7 months.  I would suggest that she see a plastic surgeon for an examination.

Pain after BA

Patients can experience pain 7 months after breast augmentation, and sometimes even up to a year after surgery, but the pain typically decreases in both frequency and intensity over this period of time.  The only exception would be if you were to develop and early and severe capsular contracture, but that does not seem like is it happening in your case.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Breast/nipple pain

There are numerous possibilities for the pain you are experiencing.  It is best for you to visit with your surgeon for an examination.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD

Nipple Discomfort

I recommend that you make an appointment to have this assessed in person. You may have minor local irritation, cyst, infection, swelling due to hormonal changes or any number of things to rule out.

All the best

Pain in breast

There are many reasons why pain may develop in the breast at this point in time, but without an exam it is difficult to say.  You are best to see your surgeon for an evaluation.  Best of luck

Pain seven months post augmentation

These types of symptoms occur not uncommonly following breast augmentation. They usually resolve with time and conservative measures like over the counter non-steroidal medications.  If the pain is getting worse, you should see your surgeon for evaluation and an in person examination.  Some time, you can develop capsular contraction which can cause pain.  Your surgeon would be able to make that diagnosis if present.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pain seven months after breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• From your description, you may be developing a capsular contracture.
  • I suggest you return to see your palstic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis of what is going on.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS