Thoughts on Rhinoplasty considering my face structure? (photos)

Dear doctors, I have been thinking about rhinoplasty every now and then because of the bump on my nose , the width and the bulbous tip. I think rhinoplasty may improve my look. I have a chubby face and small eyes, so I worry about any work looking disproportionate and unnatural.I am told my nose matches my face, and while I agree, I feel that it could be nicer if the bump were evened out and the end fixed. What do you think? Is this possible to correct while still matching my face? Thank you

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

DEAR HONEYBIA, A RHINOPLASTY SHOULD BE NATURAL LOOKING AND TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE PATIENTS OVERALL FACIAL AESTHETICS AND ETHNICITY IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A NATURAL LOOKING RESULT THAT BALANCES THE PATIENTS FEATURES. A RHINOPLASTY SHOULD LOOK AS IF THE PATIENT WAS BORN WITH IT AND NOT THAT IT WAS PURCHASED. SEEK CONSULTATION WITH SOME EXPERTS IN THE FIELD OF RHINOPLASTY SURGERY, DURING THIS CONSULTATION HAVE DIGITAL IMAGING PERFORMED TO SHOW YOU THE PROPOSED RESULTS, THEN REVIEW THE SURGEONS BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS TO ENSURE THAT HE/SHE PERFORMS NATURAL LOOKING RHINOPLASTY RESULTS AND CAN ATTAIN THE AGREED UPON DESIRED LOOK. ONCE THESE STEPS ARE TAKEN THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE A FULLY INFORMED DECISION REGARDING RHINOPLASTY SURGERY. SEE SOME EXAMPLES OF DIGITAL IMAGING IN THE VIDEO ABOVE AND BEFORE AND AFTERS IN THE LINK BELOW. BEST REGARDS, MICHAEL V. .ELAM, M.D.

Rhinoplasty Goals

You have a very nice smile and you would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.

Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty and Surrounding Facial Features

A rhinoplasty can be done to improve your profile and refine your wide tip while still keeping your nose proportional to your surrounding facial features. Consult with a surgeon whose results are natural, feminine, and proportional to the physical features.

Rhinoplasty will enhance your nose and improve your facial balance.

Rhinoplasty will certainly improve both aspects of your concern.  Right now your nose is too large for your face and larger than it needs to be. Rhinoplasty will benefit your nose as well as your face. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate for dorsal hump and bulbous tip

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address narrowing the bridge line,  refining the bulbous tip, and shaving down the dorsal hump, with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. It is important that all of the components of the nose balance with themselves, and the entire new  nose balances with the patient's facial features. For more information and many examples, please see the video and  the link below

Thoughts on Rhinoplasty considering my face structure?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural appearing artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

This surgery is a delicate surgery and my advice is to seek out a surgeon who is a member of the international Rhinoplasty society.  Small changes can lead to improvement in you facial harmony,  but care and subtlety is crucial in this surgery.   Good Luck. 

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Rhinoplasty to address the size and shape of your nose should help you address your concerns. You have to understand that there is no such thing as the “perfect” nose. As rhinoplasty surgeons, we are able to improve the structure and function of the nose to address specific issues you have with how your nose looks and and how well you can breathe. Perfect symmetry does not exist in nature. Attempts to improve the symmetry of your nose should be aimed at achieving an improvement in your asymmetry to the point where it is no longer very noticeable. If you look carefully enough, you will always be able to find imperfections. The goal is a normal looking nose that is in harmony with the rest of your anatomy.