I have had rhinoplasty at december 25th 2013. Do I have V deformity? (photos)

My nose deformed after one month post op. What kind Of deformities do I have? The middle of my nose, the bump. The tip looks like also different

Multiple Problems 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

You do have an inverted V deformity, slight saddle and fullness of the profile above the tip, a septal deviation, and tip asymmetry. All of this can be corrected by a surgeon who is a specialist in revision rhinoplasty.  

Inverted V-Deformity After Rhinoplasty

An inverted V deformity is a upside down V shadow that occurs in the middle portion of the nose. It happens when the middle nasal cartilages (upper lateral cartilages) lose their connection or attachment with the nasal bones above, often during hump removal or rasping of the nasal bones. You do appear to have a mild inverted V deformity but you are still healing and need to be patient.  If possible you should work with your surgeon to find a solution to the problem or consult a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Brock Ridenour, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for septal deviation, cartilage hump and inverted V deformity.

Revision rhinoplasty for septal deviation, cartilage hump and inverted V deformity or incomplete osteotomies can be done to correct these issues. See your surgeon and/or get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Inverted V deformity

Thank you for the photos and question and from them without an examination you do not appear to have an inverted V deformity though you do appear to have a residual hump and super tip fullness

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Inverted V deformity after #Rhinoplasty

From your photos, there appears to be somewhat of an inverted V shape, but nothing more can be determined without an exam and reference to your pre-op appearance. At 1 month after a rhinoplasty, there is still significant swelling of the nose and you need to be patient for the final results. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD
MarinAesthetics.com

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Concerned with nasal contour after surgery.

Your photos are helpful but only a face to face examination would allow a definitive diagnosis of your issues.  You are 10 months after surgery and your contour is not likely to change much going forward, so if you have concerns about your nose, revisit your plastic surgeon and have a detailed discussion about those issues.

Deformed after surgery?

I would hardly describe your nose as being deformed. It is also difficult to comment without knowing how your nose appeared before surgery. I suggest calmly discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Try to be specific with what you don't like. Most good rhinoplasty surgeons wwant to help their patients achieve the best result possible. Good luck.