Crooked tip; why did the tip get slanted?

The bridge of my new nose was heightened with silicon implant, the tip with septal and ear cartilage. The tip has become slanted. I am 4months into healing. Why did the tip get slanted? Is it my surgeon's lack of skill? And will the slant get even more pronounced over time? :(

Tip slant

I can't tell you for sure. Sometimes it is scarring, sometimes it is resorption of cartilage, sometimes it is due to the anatomy, sometimes it is swelling.

Slanted Tip after grafting

I could advise you better if you could post or e-mail your pictures to me. It is likely that the graft has shifted. It is hard to be sure but it is possible that it may get worse.  

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

4 months post op. some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD