I had a gynecomastia surgery 17 weeks ago and want to go for a liposuction surgery. (Photo)

hello doctors. I got a gyno surgery done for me about (17) weeks ago, results isnt decent, and i do care about my chest contour , this problem is blocking my life since i was 13 and untill now '21' so i noticed that i have a lot of fat tissue in the chest area that will never go away i reached 8.5 - 9% of body fat i could see vascularity over all my body and still the same puffiness on the chest, so i want to do a lipo surgery but the question is how much should i wait after my gyno surgery. Thx

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Gynecomastia

Can not evaluate the chest contour with the limited pictures. need better evaluation and pictures of the torso, front and side from shoulders to the mid abdomen. Also the harmony of the chest to the rest of the body

More Surgery after Male Breast Reduction

If fat and gland was left behind, a new periareolar resection would be the procedure of choice if you do not have too much extra skin. Front and side view photos would be better to determine the best procedure, but in any case I suggest waiting at least six months post-op before getting another procedure. Remember that liposuction will NOT remove any gland that is giving you volume, so if indicated in your case, periareolar resection would most probably be best. 

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after gynecomastia surgery

Hello abdelnaser,

I am sorry to hear that after your surgery you are still unhappy with the appearance of your chest.  Keep in mind final results can take up to a year to be fully seen.  If you had surgical excision for your gynecomastia four months ago, I would recommend waiting at least 6-9 months before considering any revision or liposuction.  If after waiting for that time period you are still concerned about your chest contour I think it would be reasonable to consider secondary options.  Be sure to talk with you plastic surgeon about your concerns so that he/she can reassure you and come up with a treatment plan if needed.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam