Fuller Lips: Cost and Best Procedure?

I am 27 years old and I have very thin lips and have thought about getting my lips enhanced for awhile. what is the difference between: lip fillers, lip augmentation, juvederm, etc... and what would be the best for my age and how long will it last? I want natural look that fit my face better. Also,COST. I will be moving to Los Angeles sometime early next year so I will be getting this done in LA, so if a LA surgeon could break down the cost for me so I can start saving that would be great!

Lip Augme

It is difficult to suggest a lip filler without photos. Choosing the best filler depends both on the amount of product that is needed and the facial and structural anatomy of the face and what will appear best. The price is determined by the price of the syringe and the experience of the physician doing the injections.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial cosmetic injections for the best results.

Fuller lips

Hello karakf,

Thank you for posting your question. The most commonly used products for lip augmentation are hyaluronic acid fillers. These are safe and not permanent options for lip enhancement, and can restore volume loss or just add volume if desired. They typically last 6-12 months. Cost is going to vary depending on area and practice. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in you area to determine which product is right for you. Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Lip fillers

In general, hyaluronic acid fillers can be an excellent tool to enhance the appearance of the lip. Luckily we have a number of fillers available (juvederm, restylane and emervel available now in Canada) that have their unique properties and can be specifically utilized for the lips. It's critical to ensure that you get a consultation with an expert board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in such procedures. Depending on the structure of your lip, a filler can be used to significantly add volume, or alternatively accentuate the countour of the lip in a much softer manner - such procedures are very patient dependent. Remember that swelling and bruising can sometimes happen and can last up to 1 week. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Fuller lips

I think a great way to augment the lips  is to use HA's like Restylane, Perlane(RestylaneLyft) or Juvederm. This are nice fillers that work very well.

Lip Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, and photos would be helpful.  I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD