Can I get some feedback on where to go from here? Revision on breast and tummy? (Photo)

I am becoming increasingly concerned. not getting better with time. I am in constant pain! I asked for my breast to be lifted, no muffin top and a cute belly button. I cant wear anything that has strips, nothing form fitting, nothing low cut, no bathing suit, tank tops, strapless, and bras don't fit properly. Why am I being told be happy with what I got? At over 35,000 and failed revision, I got uneven, pain, depression, more scars and told multiple excuses and why its my fault.

The problem here is not just inadequate surgery, it's unmet expectations.

All of the surgery you had appears to have been performed with the proper steps having been executed, but the design and extent of tissue tightening could have been better, and perhaps your expectations managed better.

This is not to say that you have unreasonable requests, but that the surgeon you chose did not have the capability to achieve your goals. You may have been better off if you had been honestly told that you needed to lose more intra-abdominal weight before a tummy tuck would give a flat belly, or that even a fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty would not achieve a flat abdomen. Looking at your photos, and without measurements of sternal notch-to-nipple distance, I think your breasts could/should have been lifted higher. Now that the  inframammary crease (scar) position is "set," revision is still possible but may be constrained a bit.

For your tummy, only further tightening (after weight loss, if that is applicable) and scar revision can improve that area. I'd have done the initial surgery for substantially less than $35,000, yet revision is going to be costly, even with your original surgeon, whom I sense you are frustrated and "done with."

Certainly you DO have the option to "be happy" and accept the outcome you have. Or not, and that requires cost, surgery, risk, recovery, and time to get back to your life. Your results are not negligent or malpractice in any way--you know that. But you sound so darn unhappy. I'd consider more in-person consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons and see what it would take and how much it would cost to redo your areas of greatest concern. At least then you will know, rather than try to go forward without knowing. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Need pre op pictures and more info

Your results are hard to judge without preoperative pictures. The Fluer de Lis body surgery scar is unusual that is goes so high between breasts. Your options at this point are more revision with same surgeon or consider a second opinion. Of course I realize you do not want to spend another $35,000 for body and breast lift. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with this type of surgery, I wonder what experience your doctor had. Good Luck! 

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon