Trauma after otoplasty?

I had an otoplasty on one of my ears 15 days ago.Today someone accidentally threw a small bottle of water and it hit on my ear.Note that i was wearing my headband at that time.The ear turned red it hurt for a few minutes now it is fine.It doesn't hurt and it is not red.It didn't get swollen either.Tomorrow i will visit my doctor so she can take a closer look.I don't think my ear bleed.There is some blood but i thing it is old from the surgery.Will this trauma affect the final form of my ear?

Trauma after otoplasty

Based on your description, you should be fine. Your surgeon should be able to confirm and ease your mind during your appointment. 

Your appointment should have confirmed yout otoplasty

is holding well and without damage from the impact from that alien water bottle.  Continue to follow your surgeon's instructions for the best outcome possible.  And you should feel free to contact your surgeon if any concerns should arise during your recovery.

Curtis Wong, MD

I don't think you have anything to worry about from what you have described.  Your doctor will know better when he examines you tomorrow however.  Good luck- Dr. C

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for posting your question. From your description of what happened, I do not think this incident will affect the final form of your ears. Since you were wearing your headband and there was no lasting pain, you should not worry to much about it. I do agree, though, that two weeks out of the procedure is a nice time for a follow-up appointment with your physician. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon