6 weeks post-op. How long should I wait after an otoplasty to get a nice result?

Hi.I had an otoplasty almost 6 weeks ago on my left ear.However it seems to be to close to the head and there is a noticable difference from behind(if you compare it with my right one).My doctor said that it can take up to six months for my ear to reach it's final form.My ear has already relaxed a bit and it has moved a bit forward.How long should i wait untill i judge my results?

Waiting time

I would suggest waiting for at least six to twelve months before determining if you need to have anything more done for your ears. The swelling and scar tissue can take a long time to mature. Hang in there! :)

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon