Just got it done - how does it look so far? (Photo)

How does it look so far? Wanted more of a smaller hood do you think It might go down some

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months, which at that time one can evaluate if a secondary surgery would be recommended.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the original surgery to evaluate your current condition.  If you require a secondary procedure in the future, I would recommend an experienced genital surgeon even if that requires traveling.   

Best of luck.      

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Too early to tell

Thank you for sharing.

I am assuming you and your surgeon discussed the final look and how much you wanted to remove.  In that case, allow it to heal and then decide whether enough was taken.  In the meantime, I would follow all post op instructions and not stress about it.

best of luck.

Wanted a smaller Hood

Hello Cookielive,

It's too early to tell or make final conclusions till 6 weeks after surgery. Things appear to be healing well and with usual swelling. If at that time your hood is larger than you'd prefer then you may opt for clitoral hood reduction with clitoropexy to achieve an optimal, more youthful appearance.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

3 days post op labiaplasty and clitoral reduction

3 days is way too soon to reveal the results.  Give it time and allow the swelling to subside this will take 6 weeks. Best of luck with your care.

John R Miklos MD

You will have a smaller hood

but just how much smaller is impossible to tell at this stage in  your recovery.  Be patient, follow your surgeon's instructions, and when you're told you're healed, critique your results to see what goals have been met and what have not then discuss with your surgeon for options that will help you achieve the results you wanted.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Early Labiaplasty Results

Thank you including photos to evaluate.  You appear to have a normal amount of swelling for this time period.  This area of the body has a tremendous capacity to swell and retain fluid, so your final results will not be apparent for another few weeks.  Best wishes for an easy recovery and a result you love!

You look like you're entering Frankenstein Week

The first week of healing especially at the hood is marked by swelling and distortion. Things should normalize by 6-8 weeks and give you a better impression of your results.

Just got it done - how does it look so far?

Thank you for sharing your photos. From your images it appears you are healing well from the procedure. As far as outcome and the size of the clitoral hood, you will need to wait some time post op to fully appreciate the vagina post labiaplasty. After surgery, it is very common to experience swelling in the area, which can be present for a few weeks after the procedure. It is important to follow with your surgeon closely during this time period and to follow up on any areas of concern. I would say that you have a normal amount of swelling after labiaplasty but you will need to give it some more time to determine any future revision needs if any.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your trim labiaplasty.  Due to the thin tissues of the labia minora and clitoral hood significant swelling can be masking your long term results.  I would allow at least 6 weeks to pass for your tissues to heal sufficiently so that you can have a better idea as to your likely outcome.  At this point, however, all looks well.  Best wishes. 

Labiaplasty and Swelling

Dear Cookielive,

Since you just had the surgery, it is very hard to give an opinion on what the final outcome will be at this time.  The labia almost always will swell significantly after surgery and it takes weeks for the swelling to resolve.  Best advice is to follow your surgeon's recommendations and stay in frequent contact with your medical team.  This way, if something is of concern, they will be ready to address any problems ASAP.  Thanks for your question.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon