I'm just worried about them looking to big. Thoughts? (photos)

Breast augmentation 5'7" 170 lbs 36A right now. I'm wanting to be a Full D small DD.

Breast Implant Sizing

I think you need to let go of what bra you think you want to wear.  After your surgery, your appearance in the mirror is crucial to your happiness, and not some hypothetical bra size. That is why what you are doing here, sizing in the mirror, is so important.  But please, don't ask us to tell you our opinion. When it comes to sizing, all we care about is your tissue capacity to handle the implant - the medically important stuff, not whether you are too top heavy. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck!

Worried about being too big

is a natural concern when starting out with A cups but your photos show your frame to easily carry that volume and your height certainly helps.  In the end, what you visualize should be closely achieved by your surgeon and what you like is pleasing.  And if you want to be sure, get a non-stretch DD cup and fill it with sizers that will fill that cup.  And don't forget to add the 10% to the sizer volume you like or you will be smaller than you thought you would be.

Curtis Wong, MD

I'm just worried about them looking to big. Thoughts?

Thank you for your question.  Honestly, my best advice is to choose an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  The skill of your plastic surgeon is the most important factor in achieving a good result.  The size of her implant will be based on the base width of your breast.  Her plastic surgeon will measure this number during  consultation and help you choose an implant based on that size.  for more about breast implant size please read the following link:

Find the right surgeon!

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.