Do I have to wait for Juvederm to be fully absorbed before I get permanent lip implants such as Permalip?

I had Juvederm injected on my top lip only (.6) six weeks ago. How soon can I get the permanent implants? Thank you! :)

Juvederm and Permanent Lip Implants

I would definitely wait for the Juvederm to dissolve or have it removed with Vitrase before I had permanent lip implants injected.

Juvederm and Permanent Lip Implants

You can have the implants put in with the juvederm there or reverse it with hyaluronidase prior to the surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Do I have to wait for Juvederm to be fully absorbed

You can either wait up to one year for the filler to dissolve completely or you can have it removed with hyaluronidase about one week prior to surgery. It will be important for the filler to either be removed or allowed to naturally dissolve in order to choose the proper size of lip implant. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon