Do I need voluma in my cheeks? (photo)

Hi , I had under eye hollowness and got it corrected with juvederm however I feel I haven't received the result I was expecting . Should I go for voluma in my cheeks . My nasal folds trouble me .

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to see the under eye hollowness in these pictures. Juvederm Voluma Xc is the first facial fillers to be approved by the FDA for the non-surgical treatment of the cheeks. It adds volume to the cheeks and mid-face and may be a great option for addressing your nasal folds. When did you receive juvederm? You may still be in the recovery phase, which explains why you have not receive the desired results. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface volume

If is always best to see the absolute before photo of you before your tear trough filler. However, Juvederm Voluma® is the best tool for volumizing and defining your cheek/nasolabial fold area. If it is enhanced definition in that area, this is what you are looking for! I would recommend seeing a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area who has had advanced injection techniques. Hope this helps!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Voluma for Mid-Face

Voluma is my filler of choice for treating the mid-face/cheek area. In order to determine if it is the right choice for you, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person.

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Do I need voluma in my cheeks?

Juvederm Voluma® is great for volumizing/shaping  and enhancing the cheek and nasolabial fold, creating a harmonious balance between them suited to YOUR face. As this is an advanced injection technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma is an excellent option for restoring volume to the midface and plumping the cheeks.  Voluma lasts for 2 years, so you may find better longer results that what you had with Juvederm Ultra Plus

It's difficult to give a recommendation based upon the picture you provided. However, Voluma is an excellent filler for the cheeks, and Belotero is an excellent filler for tear troughs if you feel you didn't get the result you were hoping for with Juvederm, although it is an excellent product as well.

A small amount of Juvederm Voluma can enhance your cheeks.  From the photos is seems that you will like the result.

Dr. Denkler

Voluma in the Cheekbones

Voluma is my favorite product in the cheeks.  It gives an immediate lift with beautiful results. Under different lighting and at various angles you can appreciate the volume loss.  One of the reasons Voluma is so perfect is that it is created from the Vycross technology which provides the perfect back drop to the product and filling the mid-face.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Do l need Voluma in my cheeks?

Thank you for your question. Please remember that your face is a three dimensional structure. If you are unhappy with  your present result return to your physician and express your concerns so that he/she will address it. There are many fillers available for use in the face, however, different fillers can be used in different areas of the face to achieve the desired result you are seeking. I hope this was helpful and good luck.

Dr. John Serrao

Voluma for cheek filling and volume is evaluated by me examining my NYC patients three dimensionally

Appropiate advice for aesthetic facial modification with fillers can only be given when I examine my patients from different angles and see how their contours change with facial animation. 

Voluma has been a very big and important addition to what I offer my aesthetically-minded patient. I use voluma for deep filling to round up the deflated facial zones that lose fat over the years. Many patients though, need a thorough evaluation to see how this contour change would affect adjacent features such as the tear troughs when the cheeks are being filled. Sometimes I am able to judge this by pressing very slightly upward on the lower part of the "apple" of the cheek. I believe in producing natural results and not to change someone into a person they've never been, but to help rejuvenate their face. Often it needs very little filler and just enough to see the light reflect more naturally off the surface of their cheek rather than seeing a shadow centrally. This little change amazingly brightens the facial appearance and restores a youthfulness. Temples that are hollow, and flat cheeks, once corrected can help lift the lower face slightly which often mitigates the need of placing filler in the smile folds.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon